Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a member of the forum for awhile, but have little post count. It's forum was instrumental in me getting this bike built and running. Rode it for years but then laid it down due to a teenager's youthful inability to drive at a red light.:lash:

A few months of tenderness and I was OK, but the bike is dead. I laid it down on the starboard side and the engine casing cracked. A new timing belt comes with the bike, but honestly, I just don't have time to hunt down the parts to repair it. Zero frame damage and only a very little road rash.

Must be picked up where it sits (Metro ATL, GA) as I have no way to transport it. Here are the pics:

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
that's not even a critical part. have the belts changed I will send you that peice free. 2 bolts while changing the belts. And your riding.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's not even a critical part. have the belts changed I will send you that peice free. 2 bolts while changing the belts. And your riding.
I had a guy look at it and he told me that there is a channel inside that the cam (i think) rides in and it was cracked :?

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Nice bike and a real shame to see what happened to it. Good to hear that you are Ok even if the bike isn't.

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
does It leak oil? maybe he wants to buy it cheap. cant believe there is damage and the valve cover isnt knocked off.

·
killer driller
781 Posts
If you pull the covers you'll know what you have,it'd be a shame to get rid of it only to find out its an easy fix

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
I bet it don't need much of anything. that aluminum plate is 2 bolts under the cam gear

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I agree, only one photo but does not look like the belt cover or valve cover busted.
Is it just that one backing plate that we see well in the photo?

How longs it been sitting? Still start up and run right? Any other damage?

Too bad it's so far away. I kinda like it and don't have anything from the 70's yet. But, the trip would probably cost me near as much as the bike.

Still a clean clear title, or did it get marked total or damaged by insurance?

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree, only one photo but does not look like the belt cover or valve cover busted.
Is it just that one backing plate that we see well in the photo?

How longs it been sitting? Still start up and run right? Any other damage?

Too bad it's so far away. I kinda like it and don't have anything from the 70's yet. But, the trip would probably cost me near as much as the bike.

Still a clean clear title, or did it get marked total or damaged by insurance?
It's been sitting for about a year. It would not start or run after the accident and yes, clean, clear title in hand. Insurance was never contacted.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
big rapids, is that near grand rapids,I have a sister that lives there

Big Rapids is roughly an hour north of Grand Rapids. I'm about 15 minutes south of Grand Rapids. What part of Grand Rapids area is your sister from?

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
My daughter lives in South Gr, Kentwood I think.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bike sold locally....hopefully she'll be back up and running soon in better hands...Thanks, guys!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.