Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've had somuch trouble with mu setup immediate willing to just buy one and start from the ground up. I'd be willing to part with the one I have if someone needs parts. There's nothing wrong with them that I can see but I'm no mechanic and every shop around wont have anything to do with something that old. I think its got something to do with the float valces but I don't know for sure. If someone even has a single Carb conversion that's laying around or that they don't want I'd be willing to trade and give some cash. PLEASE A GUY OUT I want to ride before the summer's over!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Well I had another topic up a while back and I used the advice and rechecked everything in the carbs, leveled the floats, adjusted the float valves, and I'm still getting an engine flood. I changed the plugs and its still flooding.
I took the entire bike to the one shop that would work on it and they said the ignition coil was bad but that doesn't sound like it would make it flood to me.
So I'm ready to either scrap the ENTIRE Carb body or sell the bike as is and the Mrs wouldn't like the second option

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

what kind of float shut off valves are in your carbs? after market have tendencies to flood.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

As far as i know the original valves are in there.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,792 Posts
imported post

You can still get the OEM from Honda. Replace them and your troubles are over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.