Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey all I am returning my recent purchased 78 GL1000 back to standard. I have most everything now except the front turn mounting studs to the forks.
Any way to the tech. Why do you think there are two sets of turn signal wire plugs in the head lite bucket.

One set seems to come from the instrument cluster and one comes from the large electric main harness. They are the lite blue and a orange female end with clear and half white insulating boot, and a brown female end with clear insulating boot, from the main harness. And from the instrument cluster is a lite blue and orange female with clear insulating boots on them.
I see also the small speaker -buzzer rubber mounted to the inside left triple tree has three wires brown gray and white with male ends ??? any ideas do they go to the extra turn wires to buzz the turn signal buzzer ? Their are a couple other White with green line and a gray/red as well extra ..
I might have figured it out while writing this to you guys..
Well please share your thoughts
Also does anybody have Dyna electronic Ignition ? Mine does, and an a friend said that the resistor on top of the coils should be bypassed if you install Dyna also any thoughts..

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts
imported post

The lt. blue and orange wires to the instruments are for the turn indicators, the brown wire is for the front marker lights, the buzzer is to warn you to turn the signal off. Just match up the colors and you should be good to go. There will be some extra wires.
I can't help you with the Dyna ignition.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Download the wiring diagram from the reference section..colors and everything.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

The Dyna ignition requires the resistor unless you replace the stock coils with aftermarket Dyna coils. Early Dyna systems had a second resistor in the circuit while the later ones came with a replacement for the stock resistor.

Q

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.