Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello, brand new to the site, found it in dogpile, great find.

I have a 78 Goldwing, with a Windjammer farring. Bought a few years ago, I think radio was original to the year of birth. Well it failed, and I am going to replace it. First owner had the radio hot wired to the battery, drained the barttery once because of it.

Can some one give me a bit of help on the best spot to wire the power to?

Thanks much

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

On the left hand side under the false tank cover there is an accessory terminal. That's what I used to connect my Cycle Sound-mounted radio to my "78"

- Jack

G

·
imported post

Hey Cinderdick :waving: Welcome to the greatest Goldwing forum on the net. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Cinderdick, manatee has the right idea. I had a '78 also, and the fairing can shake a bit when going over bumps, so I'm not sure how a CD player would work. If I were radio shopping, I would look for one with a 1/8" port for an iPod. My '85 has AM/FM/tapedeck and I use a tape adaptor to run my iPod Shuffle thru the speakers. I like this much better than messing around with CD's while on the road.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks a bunch, ACC. Term, cast into the black plastic box,was a big clue to where it was. I'm not sure why he/she wired the power directly to the battery.

Bike runs well now that I had the carbs re-built. Bought it with 28K, now have about 33K, living in the snow belt.

Black, Windjammer, Bates bags, a little extra crome. I'm having a great time, back in the wind. Now I can listen to some tunes, and not have to worry if I shut the radio off.

THANK YOU!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.