Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am out riding I normally am getting close 14 volts as I believe I should be however when the fan goes on that goes below 12 down to about 11 and when the fan goes off it slowly goes back up to close to 14 should it do that or am I looking at some repair or replacement of charging components.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Verify the voltages with a hand held meter. The voltage "swing" seems right. The values are too low. Pull the pod and see how much voltage is being supplied to the meter and if it's the same as battery voltage.

·
Administrator
27,952 Posts
Verify the voltages with a hand held meter. The voltage "swing" seems right. The values are too low. Pull the pod and see how much voltage is being supplied to the meter and if it's the same as battery voltage.
Yes, and it could be the meter is tied into the same circuit as the fan and there is a bad connection causing it to show lower than actual voltage.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
charging question

Thanks for the info plan to check later today, now on another note looks like I've got leaking front fork seals so I'm going to have to replace them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.