Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I dont have a manual yet and haven't looked at the one I downloaded. Its a black lever right in the middle of the back of engine. you can see where the plug is near the battery right behind the breather filter. It looks like something can go in it and go either up or down and it moves another lever to what I dont Know???????? Any Ideas to what its for????????

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

Someone says it the Kick starter mech. But the bikes a 79 so the engine is either an older one or someone changed out the rear to use a kick starter. I will have to check the engine numbers to see what year the engine is.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
imported post

A clear picture or two might help make identifying easier...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

The black plug is for where the kickstarter would engage. I know it seems like a weird connection spot and I don't actually havethe kickstarter lever for my 77 but that's what it is.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Yea thats a wierd place for it.Kinda looks like an after thought from Honda,,, "Dah,how we going to start if the battery goes dead?" Lets put some kinda foot thingy out the back, Then we can hide the lever in the fake tank."

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

I doubt it was put there with that much thought. Probably put there to re-assure owners that they had a way to start it with a bad battery.

Remember that a lot of us are faithful to the badge, and a lot of us had the smaller kick start only bikes. Just a thought. I don't really know.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,916 Posts
imported post

With the design of the Goldwing engine (opposedcylinders and tranny built into the engine) that is about the only place they could have put the kick start mechanism.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Sure beats a "little" guy trying to push start it.
(Friction toy,made in Japan)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.