Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

In my "75 - 79 Service manual (page 9-21) it shows how to set the float level on the carbs. It shows 21mm as the measurement. However the picture is not very good and I cannot make out where this measurement it taken.

I bought this machine with 23K miles on it this spring and it had been service by a local "fix all" motorcycle shop. Three out fo the four carbs leak, a sure sign that the float levels are wrong. I also have a'77 wing with 73K miles on it.

Thanks in advance.

B. J. Baum

Decatur, IL

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

Try this link and good luck. Also, the leaky carbs you speak of could have a bad valve (or after market), not necessarily a bad level. Pull the float off (be very careful not to break off the post when you remove the pin) and check for groves in the rubber tip of the valve. Also check out Randakk Gl1000 web site. He has info on float valves, and the info below is from him as well.
Lou
http://groups.msn.com/ClassicWingSIG/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=15991

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

b. J> Baum wrote:
In my "75 - 79 Service manual (page 9-21) it shows how to set the float level on the carbs. It shows 21mm as the measurement. However the picture is not very good and I cannot make out where this measurement it taken.

I bought this machine with 23K miles on it this spring and it had been service by a local "fix all" motorcycle shop. Three out fo the four carbs leak, a sure sign that the float levels are wrong. I also have a'77 wing with 73K miles on it.

Thanks in advance.

B. J. Baum

Decatur, IL

B.J., you might want to look at this thread of a few days ago. Look down the page a ways to about post 8 or so.. Then drop down to #17 on the list posted..

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/4858.html

Twisty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.