Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this was setting in a guys yard where i picked up same freight today. He said not for sale. Maby i will check back in a year, How much do you all think it is worth ? He said it runs but not good

Vehicle Product Automotive tire Pink Tire

Land vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Alloy wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Not a 79. It is a 75 6 or 7. I would not pay more than $600.00 and less the longer it sets.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a 79. It is a 75 6 or 7. I would not pay more than $600.00 and less the longer it sets.
thanks for the info:claps:

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Some think that they increase in value with age. That may be the case when properly stored but left on grass, uncovered and with stale gas they drop further unless they find a sucker.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
...missing the floorboards.
That is no newer than a early model '77.
Late model '77's had chrome upper motor brackets.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
It's a shame, the bike looks very good now but it won't next year left out like that. In it's current cosmetic shape it would be worth around $1500-1800 in this area assuming it will run at all.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
looks like the cam belts are in the open. side covers, Also, something funny about the carbs just about the intake runners.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
with part of timing belt cover gone would make me wonder if there was a poor boy alternator on it at some point and had been removed complicating things, my guess on yr is 75 or 76....i wouldnt go more than 600 and thats if i heard it run at least....

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I'll guess the usual has happened to it... Some PO had it and took care of it. Something happened (to the PO) and it got parked, then it got sold.

That bike has sat uncovered for a while. The dirt has been washed down from rainwater and settled in the recesses of the radio pod meant for windshield vents and has collected where the shield meets the fairing also. That's a repetitive cycle of rainwater there.

Looks like someone had enough sense to take the belt covers off and at least look before trying to get it going. The left side cover was probably taken off at the same time. It has been covered though. The radio antenna won't get that curve to it unless something is holding in that shape for a extended period, like the remnants of that weathered tarp.

Probably wouldn't take much to get going again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.