Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

what would one expect to pay for an 80-81 gl 1100 excellent working engine.........and i mean excellent.

i'm either looking at rebuilding mine or getting one that has already been rebuilt (if available).but the local mechanic said that with all the work and parts and gaskets,i could likely get a whole bike for less??i need pistons,rings and the cyl. walls done to get the bike working perfect like i want it.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

engines can be found from a couple hundred & up to a grand depending where you look. I would think that it would be reasonable to pay around $500 for a proven exellent engine with a healthy trans & clutch pack in it. Your biggest problem is the age of the bike.

i would think you could find many "Good" running engines, but to hold out for an exellent one at a decent price might take some time & searching.

It is costly to rebuild one, just parts alone. If someone else builds it, There would be alot of cash in labor. If you had a brand new wing power plant, you would have 20 or 30 years of riding time with that engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.