Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Number 4 carb was leaking. I pulled the carb and used a turkey baster to pressurize the system (good suggestion from another thread). There is a leak at the large fuel joint pipe on #4 carb. What is my next step Learned Gentlemen?

Still trying to avoid making a parts bike.

I want to thank BobinAZ for an assist in getting the carb unleashed from the beast. I was getting quite frustrated.

Final Judgement

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

I am not sure what exactly you are talking about?? The carb is fed fuel from the plenum through a surface mating passage.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

I believe there are o-rings on each end of the fuel pipes that join the carbs. I had to replace them on my CB750 and I think this is similar.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

There are two pipes that go between #2 and #4 carb, one thin (about the size of a ball point pin ink tube) and one that is about1/4 or 3/8 inch. The large one leaks right where it enters #4 carb. My manual doesn't show how it connects so I don't know if there are O-rings or what to seal it.

Sorry I am not very clear about it, but my guess is you guys have had these carbs open before and can tell me what to look for.

Thanks,

Final Judgement

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

The large one is your fuel tube and if you split the carbs, the tube just pulls out and you will see the o-rings.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

While you are in there, carbs split look at the air cut off diaphragm..they are hard to get to w/o splitting the carbs and might be worth replacing since you are there already..of course there is always if it ain't broke don't mess with it..too!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.