Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just rebuilt all 3 and they leak around thecylinders.:? should I have gotten new pistons

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

What did you do to the master cylinders? Replace o-ring/seals and crush washers (OEM or something else)? What condition was the piston in when you removed it for cleaning? Pitting or scaring? Did the diameter measure within specs? What about the cylinder? Pitted, scared?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Lil Pete wrote:
What did you do to the master cylinders? Replace o-ring/seals and crush washers (OEM or something else)? What condition was the piston in when you removed it for cleaning? Pitting or scaring? Did the diameter measure within specs? What about the cylinder? Pitted, scared?
rebuilt both master cylinders with OEM parts as well as all threecallipers. The pistons looked ok. maybe some pitting but I felt nothing bad. cylinders looked great after cleaning. Will order new pistons.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hey Horsemantn,

You have to make sure that the groves that the actual seals set into are extremely well cleaned out of the crystallized old brake fluid. Also, those seals can be put in backward.

I did min 2 years ago with parts from Parts n More. They have very high end parts. No problems what so ever.

Here is an excellent tutorial on how to do it. The number one thing.... Clean clean and more clean.

Good Luck.

Tim.

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

Agree with Tim, the seals are probably in backwards. Take it back apart and check that the open end or cup of the seal is installed towards the fluid side of piston.

JD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.