Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1982 1100 parts bike, bought on ebay, title and odometer match.....11k!!!!

Although I've had this thing over a year..I just noticed that the speedo goes to 150, while the speedo on my '82I only goes to 80.

Does anyone know when that change took place?
Also, any opinions on swapping the gauge panel( I often ride with the speedo pinned:shock:), and it's much better looking than the one on my runner

I'm concerned with the documentation of mileage in the event I were to sell the motor at some point...

Would I need to change the drive unit on the front wheel,as well?

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

Just change the mileage to as near yours as poss.

PPPSSSSSTTTTT dont ask me how to do it. its called clocking in the uk i have no idea how its done !!!!!!

·
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I would think that's only a problem if you're pushing it in the other direction:cheeky1:
My runners clock is at 79k+, though I replaced the motor with one that had 38k on it,while it was at 68k, so the 150 mph speedo is actually quite close to the mileage I've put on her. HMMMM:dude:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

There is no requirement to disclose any changes to the odometers on motor vehicles that are 10 years old or older. Here's a decision on the matter from one court:

The District Court found that because the automobile transferred in this case was over ten years old, the odometer disclosure requirements did not apply. See 49 C.F.R. § 580.6(a)(3). Furthermore, the District Court found that plaintiff presented no evidence that the odometer reading was false.

Which means that you can swap speedometers around on any Goldwing with abandon as long as it's 10 years old.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

KS has the same 10 year exemtion, but stillrequire for odometer reading when registering.

Must make sense to someone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.