Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Im getting to a point on my bike where it will be my daily driver soon and I have begain to think about replacing the stereo. I would be intrested to hear what some of you have done and what you recomend.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

I have an 81 intestate, with a VetterSound on it. I replaced the old radio with a cdplayer that has an input for an MP3. I wanted to also wire the player to cut the external speakers whenever I use an earphone jack. I could never get that to work. I think it is in the stereo itself. Anyway, I am not to happy with the external speakers. Its really not a good sound at freeway speeds. I usethe MP3 and earphones most of the time, and even that isnt as good as I want.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I belive my bike is all stock. Can any unit and speakers be installed or should they be water/shock proof? I was thinking of trying to use one of those new am/fm/memory card/mp3 things.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

I'm in the same situation as you are... I had an old cassette type radio as part of a CycleSound system.. Ugh.. Looked at BassPro and Cabellas and they have the type of radio I want. A marine radio, no cd, but with aux jacks front and rear with capabilities for a USB Ipod... Sony has a new radio out ( CDXM60UI) which has all of this plus a removable faceplate for a decent price. I also found some Polk marine 4" speakers that seem to fit the bill.. Hope this helps..

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

It does. I need to ask my father-inlaw he just put somthing in his car that is am/fm/memory stick or camera memory card so you can put all your music on a memory card and do not have to tote your ipod with you. Ill check on it and post it here.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

I have an '82 Interstate, I wired in an earphone jack from Radio Shack the plumbed it into a chatterbox system with headsets in the helmets it was fine for my wife and I

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

The radio I was thinking of is the Pyle PL90MU In Dash Receiver with MP3. No CD it is AM/FM/memory card/memory stick. My Father in law has been using it for a few months in his hot rod and loves it! he said its light weight and small(depth wise) and its only about $60. I thought it would be good b/c then I dont even have to mess with the ipod just put the music on a little camera card and your done. I found one on amazon I was thinking of getting it. I guess Ill just put one of those water proof marine cases around it. Marine speakers seem to be kinda high what have yall used?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.