imported post

I'm sure someone will be along soon but while you're waiting;
Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hey CBM,

I use an E3 on the rear and love it. They can be a bit noisy but work very well.

Just have a regular Dunlop on the front.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

firestone spitfires thats what was on my bike when i bought it and they work great i replaced the rear and front all around its a good tire inexpensive but reliable

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

I changed from d404 front and rear to bridgestone spitfire, and i Love them .. i'm looking forward to mileage on them. so far 1000 miles and they don't show any wear. they feel better, and handle better than the dunlops.. but it is all opinion..

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
imported post

I have Dunlop D404's which I had installed this spring. 8,000 kilometers so far and quite a bit in the rain. I'm happy with the handling and very little wear. Tire pressures are kept at 36 psi in front and 40 psi in the rear.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
imported post

I use Chen Sheng MARQUIS MOTORCYCLE TIRES from JC Whitney. I get about 8k miles from the rear and roughly double that from the front. Good wet performance and they don't follow CA rain grooves too much. And the best part is that they don't cost an arm & leg.

Before somebody starts flaming me about cheap tires - I've ridden over 300k miles and I've experienced 7 flats at speed - 4 sudden losses. Every one of those instances happened when I used expensive, brand name dealer tires. The moral is that flats can and do happen to any tire - not just cheap mail order stuff.

The best defense against tire failure is keeping air pressure regularly monitored, frequent inspections, don't overload and don't run 'em bald.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

I have a cheng shin on the front and a dunlop 404on the back.The only reason I don't have a ching shen on the back is I needed it right then.I like the ching shen tires myself.Just my two cents worth.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

Be careful with the D404's. From experience and a buddy of mine with an 83 1100, the weight limit is pushing it with these bikes especially riding two up. My buddy's bike started billowing smoke from the rear because the side wall let go and started burning up against the swingarm, just about started on fire. The tire had less that 200 miles on it and pressure and mounting was correct. Anybody can get a bad tire but always make sure you check the weight limit on any of them and be safe! Others will disagree but I've just seen this too many times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.