Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I seem to be having a problem with a few of the connections to my spark plugs. I push the caps on but they are not really connecting, very loose and surely must need to be replaced. My question is are these caps special or shouldnt I be able to go to the auto parts store and just get ones that physically fit.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

billeditman wrote:
I seem to be having a problem with a few of the connections to my spark plugs. I push the caps on but they are not really connecting, very loose and surely must need to be replaced. My question is are these caps special or shouldnt I be able to go to the auto parts store and just get ones that physically fit.
Look carefully inside the plug caps. The plugs wires push into the coils and are held on by retainers. The plugs screw on to the wires. Makes about 3-5 turns is all.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

Sam I think he is talking about the end where the plug wire actually hooks to the spark plugs. Did you just change the plugs and you left the screw on caps on the new spark plugs? There should only be the threaded stud sticking out of the top of the spark plugs.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

jdvorchak wrote:
Sam I think he is talking about the end where the plug wire actually hooks to the spark plugs. Did you just change the plugs and you left the screw on caps on the new spark plugs? There should only be the threaded stud sticking out of the top of the spark plugs.
Could be. The new plugs should look like the old plugs at the top.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

when I first took it apart the old plugs were just threads. I understand what you mean by there be a cap that could screw onto these threads but it was only threads. so the new plugs got put back in that way with just the threadds showing but when i stick the plug wires back on it feels like there is a lot of space in there and for sure they are not staying on the spark plug. my real question is if I replace the wires and there respective ends that go ontop the spark plugs are those ends a specialty item orrrrr.... can I just use and end that physically fits even thou its not a honda item or honda replacement item. is there anything special with the ends that are actually the the correct ones. will any old end that fits be ok. I guess custom if you wouyld have it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.