Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have notice oil dripping out of my fairing and tracing it back it is the oil pressure switch line that goes to the gauge. this very tiny plastic line has broke. do we have any good remedies for fixing this.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

That will be an aftermarket gauge, you will need a new line. That's the disadvantage of those gauges, the lines often break.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

john are you saying that the line doesnt really have to exist. If i,m not mistaken there is an electricl line that goes to the oil pressure sending unit. Is that the factory way of reading oil pressure and the plastic line was an add on. if so can it be eliminated.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Does the hose go to a pressure gauge? One that displays oil pressure? Something like 0 to 80 PSI?

If so, then it's something someone added. You bike left the factory with a simple warning light with a single electrical wire that ran from the light to the oil pressure switch. when the oil pressure drops, the switch connects the wire to ground thus turning on the warning light.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I located it today and yes its all aftermarket to accomidate the fairing. I noticed that they took off the pressure swirch and ran it into a T situation. On one side of the T is the pressure switch and the other side of the T is the plastic line running up the frame to the fairing and into an oil pressure gauge. So unfortunatly the carb pack has to come back off so I rework the unneccesay T situation that was created and just go back to the original setup of just the pressure switch. Yeahhh me. UGHHHH

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

You can save the aftermarket gauge by replacing the leaking plastic hose . Nip off a piece of the old hose to match and go to any auto parts store , they have replacement plastic hose and collets .
Securely tape the end of the new hose to the old and pull it through . Be sure not to over tighten the fittings at each end .

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I appreciate that input. I was ready to pull the carb pack and bring it back to stock but I just might repair the problem with your suggestion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.