Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an 81 GL1100 Interstate. - Love the bike! Ihave also been able to pick-up what appears to be a complete onboard air compressor system from an 82 Aspencade. In looking closely at the components, it would appear that the system will "physically fit" but I just want to make certain before I take the sawzall to the fake tank lid. If so, would Ialso need any special plumbing parts (fittings) at the top of the right fork tower and also under the right side cover for therear shock?

Thanks - Ed

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Hi ohwell24 & welcome to the forum!! I dont see any issues with a retro fit. I would suggest that you plumb everything in on the air hose end of it & see if everything is working well befor you modify your tank lid.

Do you have the tank mounted switches that supply air to front & rear? It would have an air guage in the center with rocker switches on both sides. One side would be inflate/deflate & the other side would be front/rear.

After that, you connect the air lines & run the wiring. Not alot of room under the tank lid for the compressor so test befor you cut!!!

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
imported post

IT seems to me that the fittings are diiferent on one of the fork caps , where the pump hose connects. You might want to check into how you will connect your pressure lines before the sawzall work . Hmm I guess something different on the back section as well . Now I have to go research myself .:baffled:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the feedback ... Hopefully it will only come down to finding a couple of 90 degree fittings! I guess its just the old truck driver in me wanting to see and monitir everything on a gage!

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Go here and print a parts schematic to verify if everything is there.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

The 1982 Interstates had the air-pump option; so I guess the wiring is there. But 1981 didn't. You may have to power it somehow.

Find an 1982 Aspencade and copy/or paint the dummy tank that has the control valves hole.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

let me know if you need any pics, i just took the skins off of an 82 aspencade. And pulled the compressor..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.