Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

This isn't in class A condition, but I've never been good at cosmetics. This is the bike I bought in pieces and went through...

New timing belts, carbs cleaned, tank cleaned, front brakes rebuilt, new fork seals, drive shaft splines moly greased, new head gaskets, rear end oil changed, starter brushes replaced. Corbin seat (that's seen better days) with removable backrest. 80k miles. New front tire, you can have the stereo but it doesn't work. Radiator leaks, needs a temp sensor but the fan will run if youcrosswire it, no oil leaks. The guys synched the carbs up real nice for me at NASSIR I, this bike runs very well. I have been riding this bike this summer, somebody who cares to spend more time making it look nice could end up with a good bike.

:blushing:Haven't been around the forum much since I got my new job a year ago. Hope y'all haven't completely forgotten me...:(

Anyway, I'll try to get some pics up soon. I'd like to get this out of my garage quickly, to make room for my just purchased 1990 1500 SE !!!

For you good folks on the forum, I'll take reasonable offers. I'm not trying to get money to pay for my new bike, just want to get this moved to somebody who wants to improve on where I got it to.

UPDATE:

I took some pics tonight, they're in the garage because it's been raining all
day here. The bike has not been cleaned, neither has the garage...

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/522314/7.zip

The radiator does leak some, but not enough to cause a problem when I rode it
from Binghamton NY to Columbus at the end of last summer. I have the radiator shroud and fairing lowers, but have been wanting to pull the radiator and have
it fixed before I put them on. As I said, I am not any good at making them look
nice, but this bike purrs.

Doesn't leak any oil, you can see in the pics that made a cover and put it over
where the stereo goes. I have the complete stereo, removed it because it didn't
work and I wanted to clean up the wiring. Just didn't put it back because it
doesn't work, and haven't gotten around to adding a radio. Yes, I have the
speakers too.

The left side pipe ( I think they are Jardines) is rusty but solid. I suspect
that this bike may ave been parked by a building with the left side "out". The
right side pipe is much better looking, but again, they are both solid.

This bike runs very well, and I wouldn't hesitate to ride it to Columbus again
tomorrow.

Please PM me if you want to make an offer. I'd hate to take this apart and sell it as parts.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

tim, good luck on your sale. welcome back and that 1500.........you'll love:action:

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks, Mark. I test rode it and love it already. In fact, I'm not sure I liked the 1800 I rode for a few days in Florida any better, and this one doesn't have "those" headlights!

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

This bike is gone, sold pretty quickly to a local fella - Can't edit my original post, it's been too long.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

cool............now enjoy your new 1500. and:action:safe.

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
imported post

You sure do have a good looking bike (looks just like my new (to me) 1500:D)!! Glad your back!! Check out the chatroom sometime!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.