Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anyone know why the carbs would allow fuel to spit back into the plenum while it's running? See the video on YouTube ('81 Goldwing carb problem) Floats have been checked (set to 15.5mm, I believe), new needle and seats, air cut off valves, and gaskets. Help!

Thank you, John Hunt, [email protected]

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
imported post

Where did you get the parts new from? I have read of guy's buying aftermarket parts and some have reported bad reviews...really if you do a bench test on your carbs you will know which carb is leaking....remove the carb set, place container above the carbs so the fuel flows downward, put the tube into where the fuel goes into the carb, now pour some fuel in and fill the bowls, at this point you will see which carb is leaking, change out the valve needle in that carb with one of the old ones or switch with another on the carb just to see if it's the needle's spring not working right or stuck...You may want to place the carb set in a large plastic container to catch all the fuel you will be dumping...

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

could also be plenum gasket leak.
wilf

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

Yeah, I would check the plenum seal and also the fuel cross over o-rings. I had the same problem with one of my 1100's and that was it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.