Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi I used Seafoam thru the gas line and got plumes of white smoke and bike seemed to run better....... ONLY to have carbs leak out when bike has been shut off .... :shock: any help would be appreacated :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

leak out? from where? if fuel is leaking into the engine, you need to remove the carb assy and check out the float valves (might as well clean the whole thing then, too!). if fuel is leaking from the bowl gaskets or something, you need to remove the carb assy and replace them (might as well clean the whole setup...). Ya see where I'm heading with this line of thought?

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Just leaking out onto the floor haven't checked just where it's coming from... I'll check weep holes if any ....... can the carbs be removed without synking the carbs if I don't touch anything ? ? that's my big worry :shock:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

yes the carbs can be removed with out messing with the syc of the carbs. and yes you can clean them up a bit with out messing them up. but if the sea foam has loosen up any rust or other crap and it has got in to the carbs you`ll find a syc will be to your advantage. its not that hard to syc the carbs after you understand how its done. hope this is of some help .

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Yes it is of help thanks I am in prosess of nakeding this bike and with the price of headlights I think I'll leave just front fairing on and try and paint the whole baby....... saw a picture of just front fairing on a yellow bike ( I know BLUE or RED or whatever colour is fastest ) I'm leaning toward some color I'll keep in touchh and try and send photos......... I'm looking get the pin stripes out without too much sanding now Thanks for help P.S. Does ANYONE just HOW the colour makes the motorcycle faster ? I know it does I just do not know how Atoms ???? Physics ??? E = MC 2 ????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.