Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

well, couple months back my bike made horrible bangs. coasted to stop and trailer-ed home. anyway, finally got all the way in. hoped for bent valve... no joy! kept digging.. pulled engine.. cracked case and found metal ... ugggggg... then after finally looking at everything found a piston was sloppy on the crank... i can literally move it half inch back and forth.. haven't pulled it all yet.. but now I've started to check prices and looking for opinion.. look for used engine.. or rebuild.. doing all the work myself i am still looking at a minimum of $400 to rebuild.. opinions?
:praying:

Barry

·
Administrator
26,155 Posts
imported post

Your best bet is find another engine. Your crank is probably ruined anyway so you would have to at least find that and a rod, then the parts are cost prohibitive. You can find a good engine for less. I do have an engine that is seized but I have not taken it apart yet to see if the crank is good.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

1/2" of play is an awful lot, and a bad omen for the crankshaft. I would be looking for another engine.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

I'm surprized the engine didn't grenade with that much slope.
there is no saving that engine. if it was a one off from a vintage classic yes but not for a wing to do it right would e way more than the nicest 1100 you could buy running down the road
wilf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.