Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

got everything back together.went to start it starter would not turn engine over sounded like gears grinding.took starter off works good on bench.took sprocket out of chain it looked good stuck finger in chain can turn counter clock wise. clock wise tight.dose that mean starter clutches are bad and half to pull engine.use rotellat i think15 40weather about 65.if i have to get in to engine can i move engine foward to get it off. or do i pull engine:?:?

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Sounds ok. I would work it some more. Hopefully it will start working correctly and you can get the engine started. Then do a flush. Drain a quart of oil and add a quart of MMO and run it easy for a while then do a regular oil change.

Make sure you have a fully charged battery. A weak battery or starter will sometimes not spin the clutch fast enough to get the cogs to engage.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

whiskerfish

i think you are right batt.down been playing mp3 player let it charge missed first time then started let it run at fast idel till fan kicked on.after that started it about ten times all was ok.got busy again with air pump putting it back in with player going same thing like makeing a lot of noise not turning over going to let it set on trickle charger and go out later and see what happens.also just changed oil and filter.think i just run battery down its only about 4 months old..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.