Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all.

Seems like forever when I get time to post. Brandi says hi to all. We are in still in the process of redoing our 82 Interstate. Problem is we love riding it too much to take it off the road LOL.

Anyway, I was on a wild notion of putting a compressor on our lady. I know some of them came with them. I am wanting to know how hard it would be to convert ours over and does anyone have the parts around to do so? If it's too costly then I'll have to skip it for now. But I feel that she and I would enjoy the benefit of having that on board.

Since I have to redo the seals anyway on both front and rear, I figured this would be a good time to do it. Once I find the seals anyway.

Good to see you all again. Ride safe.

·
Administrator
28,087 Posts
If you put one in the faux tank like an aspy it makes it a PITA to remove said faux tank. Putting it in the right side of the fairing would be so much better but still quite a project. I think I have the whole set up out of a 1200 if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well eventually the wife and I are going to find a nice 1500 we can get into. Until then we want to make our 1100 as nice as we can. I am taking that the 1100 a/c's were in the faux tank? Dunno if I like that idea. Fairing would probably be more usuable location, but noisy wouldn't it?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I know yours is an old post, but right now on Ebay there is a bran new Hondaline NOS conversion kit in the Honda box complete for just what you were talking about. It is specifically for the 1982 called "On Board Air Compressor kit"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.