Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

what i need to know will not haveing enough atf in shocks cause the air to leak down.have used water bottle and dont see any air leaks.but pressure will go down in about 2 days.have rebuilt front shocks.i think i put 8oz of atf in front.have a old set of rear shocks.going to fill with atf i think 12.5 oz for rear.and see if that stops air loss.:?:?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Thats not unusual, even when the 1100 was new you would need to pump them every few days. Fork seals just don't hold air as well as they hold oil.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

If you have the push button set up on your false tank for front & rear shocks, you could be loosing air pressure in the valve body due to failing "O" rings. Check everything with soapy water.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep, check all the connections especially the valves in the control panel. As Hachetman said use soapy water. I prefer to make the soap solution with bar hand soap, the stuff will bubble much better than a detergent.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

my forks used to leak more then I liked, so when I changed the fork juice I made sure to grease the o rings on the caps and threads of the hoses.That did it for me only time I need to add air is when there is a big change in temperature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.