Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Bought my bike with a K&N air filter it needed cleaning so I got the kit to clean it and oil it but now my bike sucks gas like crazy so I would like to get A Fram air filter to see what happens, the Honda brand here is $46.00 and that is too much, so anyone out there can tell my the Fram number that will fit this bike then I can look up who has it around here?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Here's a better idea. Take the filter out for a couple rides, see if the gas mileage changes. That way you're not out another filter. Just don't ride down any dusty roads.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

From BikeBandit.com, an EMGO brand paper filter is appx. $11.00.

I use these on my 1200, and they fit well.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,937 Posts
imported post

J.C. Whitney sell those filters also.

I just go OEM. The price is steep but they seem like they are constucted better than the aftermarket. I change filters every 20,000 miles so it's not really that big of an expense.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

I order from PartsNMore for $12, but they have a $35 minimum. (I can always find other stuff I need for the minimum ;))

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

I got about on average 35mpg running a uni filter in my 1100A. About 30$ on ebay.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
From BikeBandit.com, an EMGO brand paper filter is appx. $11.00.

I use these on my 1200, and they fit well.
Ditto on the EMGO filters but I get them from J C Whitney for 9.95. In fact I just changed mine out 2 weeks ago and the old one had hardly any dirt in it, just a little bit down in the bottom of the V's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.