Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Howdy,

Ok... so I just got this bike (and I can tell it is going to be a long addiction! :smiler:)

But I am not sure that the air shocks are working. I am not getting reliable readings from the built in air compressor (I can press front and get a reading, then press rear and get a reading, but then get a different reading again when I press front).

So while I sort this all out; I have to ask - is it going to hurt the bike to ride it if these shocks are not working? I intend to get it looked at (I'm not the mechanic type); I just don't know if this is a show stopper for the moment or not.

Any advice?

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

jimgpayne wrote:
Ok... so I just got this bike (and I can tell it is going to be a long addiction! :smiler:)

But I am not sure that the air shocks are working. I am not getting reliable readings from the built in air compressor (I can press front and get a reading, then press rear and get a reading, but then get a different reading again when I press front).

So while I sort this all out; I have to ask - is it going to hurt the bike to ride it if these shocks are not working? I intend to get it looked at (I'm not the mechanic type); I just don't know if this is a show stopper for the moment or not.

Any advice?
That's normal behavior.

The correct way to check/fill the shocks is to do the rear first, then the front. Checking it after will set it incorrectly, as described in the last paragraph from the manual:

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Cool.... so I'll give that an exact try and see how it goes. Sounds like I may not have a problem (fingers and toes crossed)...

But if I do have a problem, and the shocks don't hold air - is it safe to ride until fixed?

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

You can definitely ride with no air in the shocks, although you don't want to do it with any kind of load (i.e. passenger) on there, as you will find yourself bottoming out the shocks on bumps.

The exception is if you have aftermarket shocks like Progressive 416's, which are still air shocks, but have strong springs that can safely be run with no air pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.