Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

took front wheel of to pack wheel bearings.what i want to know.the caps on the bottom of the forks can they be turned around or dose it matter.the reason i ask when i went to tighten caps down cap would not draw up all the way.it is tight on axel.but there is a slight gap where cap seats against forks on right fork used a feeler gauge about 018 thousands the left side tight.no gap marked caps before taken off dont know if there was a gap before will it hurt anything.took it all back off check everything no burrs.everything looks good....

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

there is a arrow on the caps that should point forward if that will help. JB

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

jb

thanks for the help went back out to look right cap was backwards the po must have done that.as i marked caps before i took them off.turned it around.the back nut there is no gap. there is a small gap at the front cap but can live with it.like to put things back the same way as i take it off.sometimes not always right.as the po did not watch what he was doing thanks again for the help:clapper::clapper:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Actually any gap should be in the rear, it's the front nut that gets torqued first.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

bagmaster

i want to thank you.went back out and losen both nuts up tighten front first then back.all tight and no gaps front or rear.learn alittle something on here every day.one hell of a site.thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.