Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

under false tank are fuses no cover to tell me what they are for.as setting on bike far right fuse blown i think it is aux fuse.but dont have anything run to it but it keeps blowing fuse.also when running voltage regulator gets hot. wires are cool to the touch is that normal:?:?

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:Your onboard air compressor is connected to the accessory (aux) terminals and the fuse is 15 amps. If it keeps blowing then something is apparently wrong with your onboard compressor or the incorrect fuse installed.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

1982 GL 1100A Fuse Box, viewedL to Rsitting on motorcycle:
10 Amp-Head
10 Amp-Tail
5 Amp-Engine
15 Amp-Intermittent
5 Amp-Park
15 Amp-Accessory

Hey 83GoldWinger, according to the schematic, the only thing connected through the accessory fuse is the 1.7 wattIllumination lamp for the Pressure Meter.

The Pump Switch and the Pump Motorreceive 12 volts fromthe 5 Amp Park fuse.

krazy al, you should be able to disconnect the wiring for the Illumination Lampat the screw terminals on the right side of the fuse box. Could be a bad lamp socket???

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

i didnt think it was air pump as it only works when key is in park position.will take wire loose and see if fuse still blows.

thanks alot keith

alan

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Wichita Scorpion wrote:
Hey 83GoldWinger, according to the schematic, the only thing connected through the accessory fuse is the 1.7 wattIllumination lamp for the Pressure Meter.

:waving:Trace the wire from the negative accessory terminal and you will see that it also goes to the pump.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

83GoldWinger wrote:
Wichita Scorpion wrote:

:waving:Trace the wire from the negative accessory terminal and you will see that it also goes to the pump.
:waving:Yep, you are correct, it does go to the pump. The accessory negative screw terminal is the common or ground. You can short the accessory negative terminal to the frame of the bike and nothing will happen.

The common or ground for the switch/pump/illumination light is connected to the negative accessory terminal with a Green wire. Green is the color for common or ground throughout the wiring harness on the bike.

The accessory plus screw terminal at the accessory fuse is 12 volt power. According to the Honda Manual schematic, the only thing connected to the accessory plus terminal is the Illumination Light (Brown/White strip wire) for the Pressure Meter. An overload on the accessory plus terminal side of the fuse is the only thing that could blow the 15 amp accessory fuse.

The pump switch and the pump gets 12 volts from the 5 amp Park fuse.

Hope this clarify's things some.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

have not looked yet but would the top of accessory be 12 volt and bottom be ground.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

krazy al wrote:
have not looked yet but would the top of accessory be 12 volt and bottom be ground.
On the fuse box, the+ (12v) and - (gnd) should be marked on or near the screw. My 1983 GL 1100A is at my son's home so I can't look at it now. I think the + terminal is the one closest to the windshield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.