Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

what i want to know does right shock just pull off lower stud.or do i half to take all the brackets lose want to get off so i can take final drive out with back tire.i have bad valve stem want to clean every thing up while tire is off:shock::shock:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Saddlebag brackets can be left on, mine pulled right off when I did my rear tire switch and lube. You still have to remove the lower fender section and the rear bumper from the ends of the saddlebag mounts.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

what i want to know is do i half to pry the bottom of shock off seems tight.i have everything off just need to get shock off so i can drop wheel down.axel is still in of course.just dont rember it being that hard.when took tire off before.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

the shock has to come loose from the bottom mount for the axle to clear the exhaust. . JB

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

krazy al wrote:
what i want to know is do i half to pry the bottom of shock off seems tight.i have everything off just need to get shock off so i can drop wheel down.axel is still in of course.just dont rember it being that hard.when took tire off before.
If you unbolt the bottom of the right shock, it should just pull out and off the stud that holds it to the rear drive. If it's stiff, I'd give it a couple gentle knocks from the left side of the bike to convince it to budge.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

want to thank everyone for there help.took pry bar and pryed shock off.got tire off glad i did brand new tire got a small nail in it.pulled it out no air leak.takeing it in tomc shop to get valve stem replaced as it was cracking bad going to go with 90 deg stem. will be alot more easy to check air!!!:waving::waving:

AGAIN THANKS ALOT FOR THE HELP..

ALAN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.