Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok I have a friend that has a different problem. He just swapped motors & his Temp gauge goes to hot. The fan is working cycles on & off, the reg is putting out the 7 volts. His nuetral light stays one even when in gear & he has no taillight could this all be the same problem wit a pinched wire or something else any ideas?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Check all the fuses and system ground wiring points.

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

The problems are not related, the temp gauge has a green/white wire going to the sender, it could be shorted to ground. The neutral light is a red/yellow wire that could also be shorted to ground or the switch is stuck on.
The tail light, if the front marker lights and the dash lights work there is a wiring problem to the tail light or the bulb, if they don't work it could just be the fuse.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Ok quick update. If the bike is put in gear the temp gauge goes down. & he said the neutral light has either burnt out or quit working. Does that change anything?

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

what year engine to what year bike. ?? JB

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

OK, the wires to the temp sender and the neutral switch are reversed.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Ok which wire I assume on the wire to the sensor? The wires on the gauge has not been switched. Can you tell me what wire & what colors are changed? What should go where? Thanks

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

The temp sender wire is green/white, the neutral wire is rec/yellow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.