Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

just got off the phone with sierra electronics.said i need to send them the radio tuner.he said it was in the right side farring pocket.is that were the ant.wires plug into it.i thought it was all in the left side unit with volume knobs.dose anyone have pic.of what tuner looks like.going to send tuner and control unit to be checked out said it would be extra $15.00 to check both units out.so it will be about $115.00 included shiping.not bad to check out both units,and fix whats wrong.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Here ya go, right from the install manual for the Clarion 2 system. You'll have to un-plug the din cable from the distribution box that's mounted more toward the front middle of the fairing, the power connection to the tuner and the antenna connection.

It lifts right up out through the fairing pocket.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Now if you have a Clarion 1 system on the bike like I have right now then the turner is under the left fairing pocket just behind the radio controller panel.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
but, Aspencades only had Type IIs
I realize that, but in this day and age people change things around a lot on these older bikes. Better to cover both then just the one system. Others will benefit from the information regardless which system it is.:waving::waving::waving::action::action::action:

It's all good.:cooldj::cooldj:

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

want to thank all for the help as mine is a type 2 will get tuner out and send it to sierra.THANKS AGAIN....

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

Bag, you are correct, if it is an interstate, if somebody added or replaced with a type 1, the tuner is on the left side under the soft cover storage.

Sorry, I figured he knew he had an Aspencade.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
Bag, you are correct, if it is an interstate, if somebody added or replaced with a type 1, the tuner is on the left side under the soft cover storage.

Sorry, I figured he knew he had an Aspencade.
The title of the thread says Aspencade. That doesn't mean it still had a type 2 system in it, just means that's what it should have in it. Just got to remember, we're dealing with bikes over 20 years old when dealing with 1100's and you never really know what someone put in it at a later date. That is until you ask.

Like I said, it's all good.:action::action::action::action::action:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.