Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a photo of the bracket that mounts the end of the choke cable jacket? The one that goes on the carb body? The one on my project is missing, there isn't one listed on Fleabay, so I need to fabricate one. Anything will help...
Thx

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
You don't happen to mean this do ya? Well if ya do find it on ebay, be ready to bid against bobarama for it! good luck!!

You know what, I'm gonna have to check on mine and see if it's on it's way out, if it is and it breaks, thanks to my location it'll only reduce the easy starting season by a month or so, but hey, there's always ezstart. :action:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chilidawg, I have that piece. What I'm looking for is the attachment point for the jacket. Something holds the jacket at a fixed distance from the piece in the photo, thats the one I'm looking for. My Valk has a different arrangement, so its no help...

·
1,230 Posts
Well your title tells us, you need it for an '82 Aspencade! PS. What do you mean by "the jacket" ??? :?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yuk, yuk, yuk...

·
1,230 Posts
Hey has anyone got a technical translation for the "yuk yuk yuk" part that goes on a GL1100 Valkirie!!

Your not actually from Atlanta Georgia, are ya!!

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may have figured this out. I found a picture of a complete carb set on Ebay, and lo, I have the bracket in a box of junk that was in the rear trunk. Now I'm just missing the clamp that screws into the end. And, no, I'm really a transplanted Colorado boy who's making a go of it in Dixie, and "yuk, yuk, yuk" translates into "you funny guy!!" :)

·
1,230 Posts
Perhaps you ought to just let this thread slide and, maybe ............................ try again later if you actually need help !!! :ssshh:................................ Takes one, to know one!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.