Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

MAYBE SOMEONE CAN TELL ME ? CAN I CHANGE TUBE SEALS JUST BY PULLING SLIDERS OFF . NOT THE TUBE ASSL. 1982 ASP THANKS.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Yes, you can. Already done it on mine. Make sure you have a manual handy though. Also please turn off the caps lock on your keyboard.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Caps used in a complete sentence is considered to be SHOUTING.....So cut your caps off....Thank You.....

Claude.....

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster is referring to your post in all capital letters, considered to be yelling.
I personally prefer to remove the entire forks to work on them, you only have to loosen the clamps to slide them out and things are a lot easier to get to. It's a pain to remove and replace the snap ring and split a pipe to drive the seal in.
I tried it without removing them once and abandoned the method.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
imported post

just did the job on my 82 last weekend.

Here is what i did:

1. i left the uppers on unitl i removed the lower by sliding it firmly down to seperate them. it came off with the first firm pull.

2. I then loosend the four bolts that hold the upper and slid the upper "up" and tightened the top down bolt back down to be able to get the cap off easily while clamped down.

3. I lossened it back up and slid the upper out to replace.

hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks again. I,m off next week have afew things with my 82 (master cyl rebuild, fork seals, maybe strip down an paint. ) well as long as my wife leaves me be.:cheeky1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.