Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep shorting out wires and fuses and it would help if any one has a diagram or photo of the wiring for the entire bike showing where each wire connects on the bike. I already have the wiring diagram that in the manual.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
I believe only the Honda manual has individual diagrams for each circuit. Have you tried pulling individual fuses to pin the fault to a particular circuit?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Welcome to the forum jawana

As Alan said the Honda repair manual is the one to use.
Are there accessories added to the bike like driving lights, saddle bag lights, cigarette lighter. They will not be in the wiring diagrams as each soul that adds wiring to any circuit does it their way (Burger King!) If they tap into the bike's wiring it gets overloaded real quick. You may have a bare wire hitting metal somewhere. You will need to go over every wire to find it. Follow the circuit that is blowing the fuse on the bike, like tail lights as example, there are connectors under the seat you can pull apart to test the circuits at with a test meter. There will not be any easy answers. It will take time, patience and prayer.
The problem may be any accessories added and how they were wired in adding load to the bike's circuits. The best wiring for accessories is to add a relay powered Accessory fuse panel to power accessories to protect your ride from melt down.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Now be really glad its not a 1500, the wiring harness on those suckers weights a ton, has more fuses, more places to get "rubbed" and even with a Honda Manual, by buddy and I had fits finding the "short" on this 1500 I have...When it starts "getting to you" get up walk away go for a walk, then come back and try again, you will find it's really not hard to fix any short you may have, just it takes lots of time...A tesrt light and a volt/ohm meter are your best friends....

Let us know what you find....

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
Heres the one you need!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Lots of responses for you already. Which fuse and what do you do to make them blow?
I had a pinched wire in the handle bar stop. fused a few wires it did. Even that is fixable . chin up and communicate what you are doing and share your thoughts, sometimes we over look that we already know what the problem is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.