Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a set of floor boards "mc enterprises" for my GL1100. The brake pedal rests right on top of floorboard......Before I start fabricating and making it work.....what is the correct way to install brake pedal for it to work.....do I bend it, cut it, unscrew it, move it, curse it, or buy another piece..........

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
First make sure it is up far enough on the splines of the pivot shaft. You may be able to move it up a few notches. Remove the retaining bolt or clevis pin?(been a while since last on one of the 1100) pull off the of the spline shaft and move upward if possible.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an idea---why don't I read something----and use the brake pedal height adjustment screw---------I"M SO STUPID

·
Administrator
27,933 Posts
I have an idea---why don't I read something----and use the brake pedal height adjustment screw---------I"M SO STUPID

That was going to be my suggestion, glad i read all the way down before posting.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
You may find you need something similar to the stud shown in the picture to put your heel on when using the brake pedal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
You may also want to make sure floorboards are for you first. Many riders, particularly the "in-seam challenged" fine that floorboards push their anckles/stance out wide when stopped at a red light. So wide that they condider it unsafe or even painful.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
You may also want to make sure floorboards are for you first. Many riders, particularly the "in-seam challenged" fine that floorboards push their anckles/stance out wide when stopped at a red light. So wide that they condider it unsafe or even painful.
Inseam challenged.....hahahaha....never heard it put that way:ROFL:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.