Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clutch on my 82 Interstate froze due to the bike not being ridden...although I did let the bike run in gear on the center stand. I've tried rocking the rear wheel with the bike in gear and riding around the neighborhood blipping the throttle. No luck. Also, when I pull the clutch lever in, it stays in...no spring force to pull it back out.

Any ideas short of a teardown?

Thx,
Gary

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with Bryan. Start with the slave forêt and make sure it is actually engaging and pushing the arm.

If all is good there then you may want to start taking things apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The '82 does not have a hydraulic clutch, just the cable linkage to the clutch mechanism.

Thx for comments anyway.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
i would try starting it in 2 nd gear ,on center stand and stepping on the rear brake,that does it sometimes

·
Administrator
26,550 Posts
The clutch on my 82 Interstate froze due to the bike not being ridden...although I did let the bike run in gear on the center stand. I've tried rocking the rear wheel with the bike in gear and riding around the neighborhood blipping the throttle. No luck. Also, when I pull the clutch lever in, it stays in...no spring force to pull it back out.

Thx,
Gary
Sounds like a broken cable.

Reactions: redwing52

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts

Thx,
Gary
I agree with Dave, The cable is broken.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts