Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased an 82 with a bad engine. So I acquired another "good" engine and need to pull the old one and install the good one.

Any good how to's out there on that? I have the service manual so I can follow that. I also figured it would be a good idea to replace the belts before I installed the engine.

Any thoughts?

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1432044719.379140.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1432044738.446134.jpg

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I did not get to start on the engine removal last night. So, maybe tonight. Anyway, I ordered the replacement timing belts from Amazon (got both for less than the cost for one at my local NAPA store.) I also ordered new crush washers for the exhaust, and a new oil filter of course. Any other seals or parts I should order to complete this project?

Thanks

Rod

·
Registered
3,235 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I wasn't sure if the engine removal was the same for both 1000's and 1100's.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Rodd, looks like a nice project. I pulled the Motor out of my gl1100. There is just a lot of stuff to disconnect and reconnect . If you don't mind my asking, where did you find the new motor. I have been looking around and have not found a good one. My old motor ran but used a lot of oil, if anybody had looked at it they would of thought it was a great motor. So if I buy a replacement I want to make sure it runs before I buy it. It's a big job changing the motors out and I don't want to do it twice. Anyway good luck with the project .

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rodd, looks like a nice project. I pulled the Motor out of my gl1100. There is just a lot of stuff to disconnect and reconnect . If you don't mind my asking, where did you find the new motor. I have been looking around and have not found a good one. My old motor ran but used a lot of oil, if anybody had looked at it they would of thought it was a great motor. So if I buy a replacement I want to make sure it runs before I buy it. It's a big job changing the motors out and I don't want to do it twice. Anyway good luck with the project .

Thanks. I purchased the motor from One Stop Outlet ( www.onestopoutlet.net ) in PA. There number is 724-783-2393. I live close enough that I drove down and picked the motor up but they will ship them to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.