Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I pay the Honda dealer more than $40 for the four o-rings for the crossover tubes, I thought I'd check to see if there is a good, less expensive alternative. Anyone know of anything out there? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Yes. Simply take your old ones down to a GOOD automotive shop, and have the ID, OD, and thickness matched. Do some phoning around first, and save the mileage. O-rings run from $.50 (questionable quality) to $4.50 (for really good quality). Honda is a burn on stuff like that. Ride safe.

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Straightwings, for the good advice and quick response. And, gl, based on the strength of your recommendation, I ordered the kit from huntech2006 on eBay. Didn't even know there were gaskets to deal with, but thought I'd better get 'em. Many thanks.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Before I pay the Honda dealer more than $40 for the four o-rings for the crossover tubes,
WOW.
Care to name the stealer as Honda's suggested retail price is $1.55 each.

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW.
Care to name the stealer as Honda's suggested retail price is $1.55 each.
Sure, Ken. It's Honda Powersports East in Bear, Delaware, but I think it probably wasn't deliberate. They're considered a reputable dealer; I didn't give him a part number. Maybe it included the fuel tubes too?

Wish I had seen your post first; could have saved a couple bucks. I've already got the o-rings (and gaskets) coming from Huntington Tech. Oh, well.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
OHHHH rings

Before I pay the Honda dealer more than $40 for the four o-rings for the crossover tubes, I thought I'd check to see if there is a good, less expensive alternative. Anyone know of anything out there? Thanks.
I got a kit from northerntool for $6.95 metric it has all the o rings you need for that bike

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep, I bought the same O-ring kit from Harbor Freight. It is great if you like o-rings. Not so much if you NEED o-rings. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.