Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

There's not a significant amount coming out, but it stinks when I'm sitting at the light. Do I need to change the two O'rings inside the pump housing?

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

It depends is it leaking water or oil both are possible..it coudl be o rings, oil seal , crush washers on oil side, bearing and mechanical seal..hard to say if you drain the water and take the front elbow off and you can wiggle you impeller even a little the bearing are bad..

Attachments

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

yeah......... the inside oring keeps the oil sealed and the larger diameter outside oring seals off the anti-freeze. Tha front engine cover has to come off, there are three bolts the hold the pump on the inside of the cover. If you take the water pump cover off and wiggle the impeller, if there is any movement, your pump is shot. There is a complete gasket set available that covers all the bits you will need to do the job. gasket set is 24$.pump is 107$ at westernhonda.com, It does not include the mechanical seal around the oil pump shaft, you should replace that seal as well.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

It's only antifreeze leaking. I haven't had to replace any oil so I'm only worried about the smelly stuff.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

jrward wrote:
It's only antifreeze leaking. I haven't had to replace any oil so I'm only worried about the smelly stuff.
i hear what your saying, but your wing is warning you that it will need some parts soon. If your going to all the work of pulling the pump than you should pop in all new seals & a thermostat while your there. The weap hole is an identifier. It is there to show you when the pump is leaking.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

While you have the rad out go ahead and get it professional cleaned. Not that expensive & cheap insurance for 30 + yr rad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.