Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a chance to buy a 82 GL1100 Interstate from the same person that sold me the 81 GL1100 Standard I have now. His 82 Int.only has 28,000 miles on it. He's only thinking of selling because he's thinking of getting a newer wing next spring. Actually, I doubt he'd even list it to sell if I or a friend of mine doesn't buy it.

I'd like to get the feelings of you who have had or ridden them as to how you like it. And if you think their would be much difference in a82 Interstate over my 81 Standard. My 81 has 29,000 miles and is in good shape, as is the 82 with it's 28,000.

The price he's asking from me is really fair I believe, ($2800.) I paid him $2400 for my 81 earlier this spring and am really pleased with it. Just want the feelings and pro's and con's from all of you.

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Don it really depends on what you use your bike for ie, if you just use it for commuting to work and short trips at weekends, then you wont gain much.If you tour and travel further a field then the interstate would be a better option with its fairing and luggage. The 82 interstate has better brakes but both bikes are very similar.:waving::waving::waving::waving:Colin

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'd go for it. The bike won't ride all that much differently but the trunk and bags sure give it a lot more utility while the fairing and windshield gives a lot of weather protection and extends the riding season.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I should have mentioned that my 81 now has the full fairing with windshield and the radio and pockets and stuff. I wish I could post a picture of my bike. It's really a very nice looking bike. It has the two tier seat, (if that's what it's called). Has a nice back rest, luggage rack, and saddle bags. So, maybe I'm really not gaining anything.

I work with the guy that's selling so I could maybe even wait till next spring myself. Allthough I think my real dream would be to find a nice 1500.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Don what is it you want to know :stumped::stumped::stumped:

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

SHREK snr wrote:
Don what is it you want to know :stumped::stumped::stumped:

I guess this sums up what I'd like to know..... as stated earlier:

I'd like to get the feelings of you who have had or ridden them as to how you like it. And if you think their would be much difference in a82 Interstate over my 81 Standard. My 81 has 29,000 miles and is in good shape, as is the 82 with it's 28,000.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Hi,

The 82 will have a red light on one instrument that no other Goldwing has. It's for air pressure on the rear shocks. It's been a long time since I owned one, my first Goldwing.

TOJ

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Don,

Well you could look at it as a change of scenery? Really though it sounds like something you could try for a while, then decide which one to put on ebay.

Or you could put deer alerts on one and run the other bare and prove conclusively whether they work or not!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

It sounds incredibly cheap for such a low milage bike.. I had a fully dressed 1100 for a short while and it rode really nicely. If you have the $$$ why not undress the first one again, sell the boxes and fairing to make back some money and then you can ride naked or dressed as the fancy takes you ( and the weather dictates).:baffled:

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

puttitin wrote:
I should have mentioned that my 81 now has the full fairing with windshield and the radio and pockets and stuff. I wish I could post a picture of my bike. It's really a very nice looking bike. It has the two tier seat, (if that's what it's called). Has a nice back rest, luggage rack, and saddle bags. So, maybe I'm really not gaining anything.
In that case hang on to what you know, no surprises, until you can get your heart's desire. I'm prejudiced, but the 1500 is worth saving for!

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

TOJ wrote:
Hi,

The 82 will have a red light on one instrument that no other Goldwing has. It's for air pressure on the rear shocks. It's been a long time since I owned one, my first Goldwing.

TOJ
My 81 has the red light, it was standard on all 80-83 Wings. But if you like your 81, you'll like the 82 just as much, and maybe more in foul weather. The Interstate fairing does a real good job of protecting you from the elements as long as your moving.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

The 82 has smaller wheels than the 81, so it should be lower to the ground as well. You can put more air in the suspension as well.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

If it were me, I'd get the bike, and turn that Standard back into a Stndard. That way you can have to distinct bikes, one for traveling and cooler weather riding, and one for hot and dry weather. With the weight difference, they'll ride like 2 totally different bikes.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
imported post

I agree with Sam I've had both and if you got the room the price is sure right

Buy it

Slink:jumper::jumper::jumper:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.