Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Like the title states, I have a 'Wing that starts and runs, but only on 2 or 3 cylinders when the petcock is set to On or Reserve, but once I turn it to Off, all cylinders seem to fire. Of course, I can't keep the bike running like that as I run out of gas. Any one experience this on their Wings?

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
26,550 Posts
The carbs are flooding. When you turn the supply off the flooding stops and all is good until the fuel in the bowls runs out. It could be the seal between the plenum halves leaking. Take the top off the air cleaner and watch in the bottom for gas puddling in the plenum.

Reactions: CrystalPistol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave!

I looked into the plenum and didn't see any leaks, I'll look into the float bowls next!

The carbs are flooding. When you turn the supply off the flooding stops and all is good until the fuel in the bowls runs out. It could be the seal between the plenum halves leaking. Take the top off the air cleaner and watch in the bottom for gas puddling in the plenum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I was wrong about the plenum, it is definitely leaking gas from the middle of the plenum when the petcock is on. Is this a simple case of replacing the plenum gasket? Or can misadjusted floats also cause this?

·
Administrator
26,550 Posts
If it is coming from the seam of the plenum you need a plenum gasket. It can come in from an overflowing bowl but you would see that coming in from the side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to follow up on this, it was indeed the plenum that was leaking. I split the carbs, and RTV'd the plenum together and now it runs like it's supposed to! Thanks for everyone's help, she's a ripper!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts