Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just reinstalled my Clarion IIAM/FM, CB, Intercom system after having it repaired at Sierra. Sierra did a nice job. This system was pieced together from Ebay including a NOS CB. Now to my issue. The system sounds OK through the speakers or headset until I turn on the CB. Now there is a noise, only in the headset, that I am sure is stator related. I know that sound. Can anyone recommend a good noise filter? Where should I install it? On the main power feed or just the feed to the CB?

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

J&M used to do a filter (HNF-350) that plugged into the regulator and you could use it on the GL1100 & 1200. Don't see it listed on their site but you could try contacting them to see if it is still available.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I can't seem to find the filter that you mentioned. I'll try a generic automotive noise filter. That may work.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

JM stopped making that filter a couple of years back. Anyway it's probably cheaper to get one from car parts shop and try that instead.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

JC Whitney sells an in-linenoise filter that works well for me.About $20 + $50 shipping:p. Actually, I don't recall what the shipping cost but since you only live about 50 miles I think from their store, it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm using mine in an after-marketcheap intercom setup. It completely cleared some alternator whine and spark noise. Like I said cheap intercom:D. The filter is fairly large but it fits nicely on top of the air cleaner box.

Regards,

Hobie

Actually after thinking about this, I'd bet your getting your noisepossibly from the CB portion of the unit not being grounded. That is a pure guess but a possiblity I think.

Hopeyou find it without much further ado.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.