Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Its like a deep door squeak or squelching sound on takeoff when letting the clutch out? Does ever time when the bike is cold but goes away when the bike is fully warmed up. Someone said maybe the clutch basket but the noise sounds like it is coming from the front of the motor? Anyone know what this is? please advise! [email protected]

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I had an 1100 Aspy that made a similar sound, never found the cause but it never got worse either.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

I had a similar noise on my '83 Interstate. I was using Shell Rotella synthetic and changed over to Delo 400 and the noise went away.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

My 82 did and does the same thing. Never gotten better or worse in 2 years. I think I will try the oil-switch RichO mentioned and see what the results are there!!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

I have heard it referred to as the squirrel. Mine does it on the first take off when it is cold and then it goes away.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I hate to sound like a broken record, but my 1100 makes the same sound as everyone elses.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Typical for the 1100.. and been named the "screeching squirrel" although to me it is more of a growl....

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

I bought my 1100 new and the growl/screech has been there since day one.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
imported post

Hi, looks like you already have been around the block a few times here on the forum,but allow me to WELCOME you anyway!!!!:waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.