Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, I didn't sell the Aspencade last fall, partly because it was too late in the season, and partly because I took your advice and decided to give it more of a chance. I put nearly 1000 miles on it during the Central Illinois winter, which is quite a bit if you know our climate here. I love the bike on the highway, even more than my 2003 Vulcan Nomad. However, I am still interested in selling or trading it for a smaller, newer bike, for strictly 1-up commuting use. I'm especially interested in a single or twin with similar Kelly Blue Book value, but no crotch rockets or dirt bikes. Some bikes I'd consider are Suzuki SV650, 650 Savage/S40 Boulevard, Buell Blast, etc. Of course, the more I ride the Wing, the more it grows on me, so if anyone is interested, don't wait too long :) Cash works, too, for $2000. I can deliver it, depending on how far away you are. Any excuse to ride it just a few more miles...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

Beautiful Bike brother best of luck on your sale wish I could afford it myself would be cool to have twins in the barn.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike. You should also look at the silverwings of the same year (think baby goldwing). I have one and it is perfect for me a beginning rider. I want to move up to a goldwing in the next year or so after I get used to the smaller bike, and get permission to buy one.
Mine looks like this, but in silver. You can alsoremove therear seat and put the trunk there, making for a nice backrest when riding one up.

Wanna trade?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Nice looking 500, but I'm looking for something a bit newer and lighter, so my son can ride it, too.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Street Hawk -
I had seen your posts from a few weeks back, looking for a similar bike, and thought about contacting you, but figured riding from IL to FL in the winter was asking a bit much for either one of us.
Hope you enjoy the GL1100. How did you like your Nomad? I've got a 2003 Nomad, and that's the bike I'll be using for touring after the Aspencade finds a new home. (BTW, the Aspencade's nickname is OldGold. I've thought about a logo with an old pack of Old Gold cigarettes on it, but never got around to it.)

Greg

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
imported post

I hear understand that. It only weights a bit under 500 lb's though. Good luck with the search.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

Greg I liked the Nomad mine was a 99 and not quite as powerful as I had hoped, it was a little weak in the 50 to 70 range I.m.o. but as I understand it the F.I. helped this out a whole lot. it was a great heavy cruiser put about 40k on it in the 4 years I had it if that tells you anything. And I love my aspy!!!!!! working on an electric shifter for it today as a matter of fact and got an solo seat mod as well.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

bump back to the top for a clean aspy

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

Nomad as the weather turns to spring you should have no problems selling that nice Wing .

StreetHawk , AS you install the electric shift it might interest others if you could post a few pictures and short explaination .

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

Nomad Hope you have found a buyer by now I've been working out of town with no net (argggg) buy as soon as i get back on the shifter I will post the pics and the the install guide.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
imported post

I sure would buy it if I could sell mine! but it needs a starter clutch rebuild! and I'm too short in the cash Dept.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
imported post

grew up in Chicago, usta go into Peoria quite a bit when working for my cousins funeral home, back in the early 80's.

will be in lansing Il in May to visit ol Trucking Bud I grew up with, diabeties is bad, I have some leavetime now just trying to get cash together, with house pmts. etc it's been hard, how is it that we are still bailing out Detroit?

Very nice bike indeed!!!:action:

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
imported post

Hey Street Hawk just wondering if you know a good friend of mine Roy mayoral out that way, a former MP, got ta know Him through RC link! if not no biggie just wonderin, know it's a big world!

Ric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.