Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. So here's the deal.

I can turn the bike on and program the radio and clock just fine. I program all 4 presets and the correct time on the clock and I'm good to go.

The problem is that if I turn the bike off for more than a minute or two, all programming is lost and the clock resets to 1:00.

Is there an internal battery on or in the radio unit that needs to be replaced?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
1100 radio problem

i had the same problem with my 1200 radio, sierra electronics advised me of a fuse in the left side pocket that goes bad.. just a 5 amp fuse, works great after that

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Yep . the radio memory has it's own power lead that is always hot. The most likely is a bad fuse. Behind the left pocket or left tun signal light. There are several fuses there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I will definitely check that out next time I go to fire the bike up!

I appreciate the quick response!

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Test all your fuses with a multimeter for continuity through the fuse (power off!) or test light on both sides of the fuse for power. The look see method is no good as the glass type fuses may look 'good 'and be bad.

Best to just get all new replacement fuses of same amp size from an autoparts store and be done with the 30 yr old fuses. Reusing old fuses is playing Russian Reulet. Do you want to ride or be dead on the side of the road?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I have the same problem, except I lose the memory and clock settings when I just turn the radio off, even when the bike is still running. Is the clock supposed to stay on when the radio is off? I already found and replaced the blown fuse, as well as every other glass fuse inside the fairing, and verified I am getting power to and through the fuse. Eventually I gave up and got a bluetooth communicator for my helmet that connects to my phone for music. I still want to get the radio issue worked out but ran out of ideas.

·
Alaskan Explorer on a Valk
585 Posts
best thing to do is call the 800 number to sierra electronics in troy ohio-They know these radios inside and out--litterally

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.