Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is there a difference between a 82' Interstate and Aspencade rear brake caliper,the part I'm looking at is an 82'Interstate part #43101-MB9-006,been searching the net trying to find out until I've gotten a headache,I have found 2 different part #'s so far for that year so I'm guessing they are different but would like to know before I buy it,got stuck with a set of front calipers that were supposed to be the same and found out they were different after buying them.
Thanks for any info.

[/b]

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

If it's a two piston caliper which it should be then any Goldwing rear caliper 82 through 87 will fit.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

Your first link is no longer available and the description in the second link is incorrect.
That part will not fit
Models:
Honda CB1000C, Honda CB900C, Honda CX500TC, Honda CX650T
Or the 80-81 GL1100 as they all used single piston calipers and the part number is for a double piston caliper.

I would hesitate to buy anything from a seller like that.:whip:

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

I got into your first link, you didn't put a space after the url.:ROFL:

I don't know where motosport.com gets their part numbers but for that part they match no other site that I've found.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Is there a difference between a 82' Interstate and Aspencade rear brake caliper,the part I'm looking at is an 82'Interstate part #43101-MB9-006
The '82 calipers are interchangeable between the I and A. The '83 - 87will be different as those years have linked brakes.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

jackjohn wrote:
Is there a difference between a 82' Interstate and Aspencade rear brake caliper,the part I'm looking at is an 82'Interstate part #43101-MB9-006
The '82 calipers are interchangeable between the I and A. The '83 - 87will be different as those years have linked brakes.
Right. The brake pedal on an '82 only pumps fluid to the back caliper, therefore has a larger set of pistons. The '83 to '87 back brake pedal pumps fluid to 2 calipers, one front and the rear, therefore the pistons are smaller diameter to compensate for fluid volume of the master.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for the input,sounds like I will be ok then,the links came up on google search when I put in the part # trying to find the info on it.At least the headaches gone,thanks again,next time I need to put a link will be more careful,lots of work with little sleep makes the eyes see things in funny ways sometimes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.