Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1982 Goldwing 1100 Interstate
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking windshield off fairing to paint, I found the rubber gasket to be missing. Has anyone had success in making their own or is this something better left using an original? I see some on eBay used, but can't imagine these costing much if available new somewhere. (Just don't know where!)

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Well the OEMs are now NLA. I looked briefly in Google and found nothing. Looks like its going to be a make your own. Maybe a hardware store will have something you can cut it out of. LOL!!

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I have one. How is $10 shipped?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Replied PM sent!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, we thought Newday777 may have had one, but alas, was not to be! Does anyone else have one or maybe advise what thickness and material they are made out of?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Well, we thought Newday777 may have had one, but alas, was not to be! Does anyone else have one or maybe advise what thickness and material they are made out of?
I saw it last week moving stuff in the storage unit, but couldn't find it today searching through and moving 2/3s of my stuff! Arg! I thought I knew right where it was! :lash:

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone have any ideas as to what I could use to make my own (or have an extra one they could sell me?)

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Some of those used ones look in good shape.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still looking for info on this gasket. Anyone know the gasket thickness and material (rubber?). I have some gasket sheet material, but I think it would be too thin (1/32")

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.