Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I found this bike for sale and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's a good deal. It's a 82 gold wing the body and everything looks good, paint is a little faded. I have not heard it run yet but just trying to get a heads up on value before I talk to the owner.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Need more details, like the mileage, last time the belts were changed, and pics, of course. I love my 82!!

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Price?

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

If it needs nothing but gas, around here in Canada they go for $3 or as much as $4 grand. Do a good inventory on it like new belts, tires, brakes etc and calculate your cost to bring it up to code. If the total cost exceeds what it would be worth ready to ride than say "NO' with an explanation. You might get a better price and be fair at the same time.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Ok the guy is asking $1,200 for it. I haven't had a chance to look at it good, he wasn't home. I am going to look at it tomorrow and test drive it. His neighbor said he is only selling it because he bought a fat boy(his loss my gain). I was just wondering if anyone had a "going" price on what the 82s were selling for. Or if there was any "special" things to check out. Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Not knowing the mechanical condition and having no picof the bike to review, it would be difficult to give a price.As stated, mechanical wear can be a great factor. Your ability to turn your own wrenches can be a plus or minus.

Check the exhaust system, it may appear serviceable from the front view but on the backside where it bolts to the frame may be rusting out. Exhaust repair can be costly. Defective tires can add to the cost. So if they must be replaced think about the cost of repairing the brakes if needed.

$1200 could be a good price and open to negotiation :baffled:I guess.

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I paid 2800 for mine and have been riding it since day 1. I'd come up there and buy that one for that price as a parts bike for mine. If it's an Aspencade so much the better.

So go get some details about it already. And pics.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

I paid 2500.00 for my standard, I think I paid way to much, it needs alot of work. but I liked the look it had going on and was ignorant because it was the first bike I ever purchased. I was so anxious to buy I didn't use my head. I like riding it though so to each his own

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.