Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just a fast thanks again to all for the input. I hung a weighted bucket off the rear pedal for about 8 hours with the cap off. I read somewhere on line someone does this kind of bleeding. Same on the front by roping the handle flush to the handlebar. Came back and just cracked the banjo fittings slightly on both master cylinder and caliper and I got a 90 % pedal , I'll take it. "HALLELUJAH" :clapper:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

Hey now, let's hear more about this! I have bled my front line three times now, and still doesn't feel right. What's this about roping off the lever and banjo joints? More details! Please? :)

Jack

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

jsmith24 wrote:
Hey now, let's hear more about this! I have bled my front line three times now, and still doesn't feel right. What's this about roping off the lever and banjo joints? More details! Please? :)

Jack
Cracking the banjos (slightly loosening and then immediately retightening the banjo bolts on the master cylinder, calipers and/or clutch slave) helps release air, especially at the clutch master cylinder where it often gets trapped and doesn't come out with normal bleeding. Holding pressure on the master cylinder, brake or clutch for several hours can also force air to work its way up through the master into the reservoir. To do it you can squeeze down the lever and tie it so it stays with pressure on it. You can weight down the rear brake pedal or wedge it down.Leave it be overnight and think good thoughts.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Also cracking the top banjo fitting on juice clutch lever on some honda's is the best way to bring back the clutch and not going near their bleed screw at all!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.