Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an '82 with the stock seat. It has been recovered with a little new foam installed about a year ago. Is there an upholstery shop or an after-market seat that is an improvement over the stock for the 1982 GL1100?

Thanks!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Depends how much what you want to pay out.
Corbin seats
Ultimate seats
Russel Daylong seats
and others available

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
imported post

Replaced mine with one from www.jcwhitney.com five years ago using original pan 5 years ago. Still rides good. Only difference was the diamond stitching was sightly larger.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

I also replaced my 87 seat with a JC Whitney (Saddlemen) seat with built-in backrest a few years ago and works great. People might not know this but Saddlemen does custom work too. I went to their web site, called them and in a week, I had new arm rest covers and a new trunk backrest cover that's an exact match to my seat. Great people to deal with and great service.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hi,

I have an 82 1100 Aspencade.A year or two back Ihad the opportunity to compare two Sadlemen seats side by side from JC Whitney. I posted a "review" of sorts here:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/71905.html

I liked both seats but chose the deluxe.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

Hello folks. I just bought a used Diamond Boat Seats seat for my 82A. I picked it up on eBay. I have not put that many miles on it yet, but the ones I have put on it, I noticed a difference right away. this seat you set in, not on, if that makes any sense. I think I will really like it come spring time. I only have one issue with it, the tongue is not long enough :sadguy:to use the fartherest back position. the tongue slips out of the slot:D. I will look into modifying it over the winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.